Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This comment is to my friend EG who made a comment on this post.

EG, obviously you're still my best friend. If your observance is where you want it to be (which I believe it likely is), then you shouldn't be sensitive or offended when someone makes a comment to remember that it is Shabbos where you are (noting that it was likely not allowed re: halacha to return your e-mail because it was Shabbos where you were, just as it is not allowed to make a phone call to a location where it is still Shabbos -- I was reminding you to mind your surroundings.) Think about it for a moment, and you'll notice that I put myself and my spiritual well-being at risk (something I will have to answer to on the day that I die and am judged by Hashem) and I consciously broke halacha by e-mailing you back to tell you that. I'd say that's an act of friendship.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoe,

You have good intenetions and I know you care. It wasn't about your intentions, but rather in the manner you put forth delivering your intentions. Your post was well put and whether I agree or disagree with the things you said (I don't agree), I value your opinion and was glad to hear it in the way I just did. Many times you come across in a cult like manner trying to correct my every action (i.e. how to wash, how to pray, etc...). I don't mind some things, but there is a time and place for everything. Remember, it can be insulting. I understand and respect your perspective....can you do the same for me?

I love you and miss you guys a lot. I can't wait to go skiing with you guys again like we did last year! Lets just choose a different cottage next time.....living with racoons isnt fun. :)

EG

FrumBusinessGuy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zoe Strickman said...

Please note that I deleted the comment above because this person got involved in a MLM / pyramid scheme and I'm not so much into people advertising their businesses on my blogs. If you want to comment, comment. Don't spam.

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.
Alex
Phone blocker