Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Lacking Energy to Fly


Just wanted to write an update on my progress. I am totally wiped out from all of the burden the bar exam requires me to bear (that is, if I want to pass), and I have been feeling that lately my energy level has been dipping a bit.

Yes, I did pull an all-nighter and I did get to bed at 7:30am on Tuesday, but I was sort of hoping that my energy would kick in, and it hasn't. I kind of feel like Spider Man in the second movie that while he was flying through the air, he lost his ability to spin webs and shoot them from his wrists and he crashed to the ground.

Luckily, I'm no spider man (although I DO have a huge propensity to get bitten by spiders, and for some weird reason I am always attracting spiders and getting bitten by them, but then again, there are also times that I am sensitive to electricity and I have a tendency to get and give electric shocks quite easily. Along this same line of thought, I can hear a TV turn on with the volume off hundreds of feet away from me. This freaks some people out.)

Anyway, as I was saying, luckily, I'm no spider man. I'm just a simple Chassidic guy who is trying to do my duties to G-d, to my community, to my family, to my friends, and most importantly, to my future wife. I'm trying to stay religious and do as much as I can while the pressures of the bar exam breath down my neck and loom around me while maintaining a healthy relationship with those I love and care about. Sometimes this can be quite a balance.

Anyway, so as it stands, I am lacking the level of energy I would like to have, and thus I am totally exhausted from all the work I've been doing to prepare for the bar exam. I look forward to it being over soon mamesh, Amen.

9 comments:

Ahuva said...

You're dealing with a lot. It's normal to be stressed and exhausted.

M project> Don't worry about it for now. You have enough to deal with. Hashem understands.

Television> Staying away from it will give you time for other things, but don't feel bad if you want/need to use it as a stress reliever. This is NOT the time to put additional stresses in your life. I'm assuming you won't have a television in your house once you're married? You'll be amazed how quickly you forget all about it when it's no longer the first thing you see when you walk in your door. My television is only hooked up to a DVD player for movies and has been that way for more than three years now. I bet you're going to be so occupied with your kallah that you won't miss television at all. :)

Money and wedding plans> I'm glad you discussed it and are seeing things eye to eye. Let her handle the greater share of the wedding plans. Right now, you're a little occupied providing for her future (and yours) by passing the bar exam. She will understand.

It's good to have a safe, anonymous place to work things out. I'm sure your friend will keep your secret.

Zoe Strickman said...

Good advice, good comments. I'll work on everything in good time. Thanks Ahuva. -Zoe

AS said...

There is always Mountain Dew or coffee take your pick:)

Margo said...

Sounds like things are working out. You're going to be okay - just try not to stress out so much and analyze everything so intently. Sometimes it's ok just to get by, get through, when things are that busy, and give yourself a mental break. And get a little sleep, when you can.

I'm not that chilled out a person, but even I can recognize when a little deep-breathing is in order.

Being young can be hard, no?

Zoe Strickman said...

Yah... :)

Raine said...

(((((((Zoe)))))))) do you think this is only because of all you are doing or is your energy abnormally low?

Zoe Strickman said...

Raine,
Considering all the stress and pressure, on the contrary, my energy level might be higher than most people's because of everything that is getting done. I'm just tired from all the stress.

Raine said...

When IS the wedding Zoe? And when is the Bar exam??

Zoe Strickman said...

Wedding was last Thursday, one day after the Bar Exam. Whew. Interesting timing, eh?