• Vision: I am financially independent. I have no need to worry about finances. The amount of money I bring in each month easily and effortlessly covers any expenses we may have. Our lifestyle is well within our earning capacity. We live comfortably; we take time to enjoy ourselves, and to provide for ourselves the environment to create meaningful experiences for ourselves and our children.
My bank accounts are filled with cash and our retirement accounts are funded. We have safety accounts and money set aside for any contingencies, and life events are planned for and funded before they occur.
Financial management is simply a matter of monitoring the automated systems that are already in place. Money comes in and goes out according to the plan we have set out, and money is spent according to our value. We use money to improve ourselves and our lives; we do not waste it on frivolities that will satisfy a momentary urge.
• Purpose: To feel the juice of life. To experience meaningful experiences. To create an environment and to place ourselves and our children in scenarios which teach them about Hashem, about family, about love, and about the value of life. To teach our children concepts so that they can be financially independent, and to be financially competent so that they will never have money worries and so they can life a life of peace of mind and peace of heart.
• 3 to Thrive: Automate income and expenses, set up monitors and tracking systems for when we are close to going beyond what we want to spend, create ways to enjoy the money we have to create meaningful experiences.
• Resources: Wife, Internet, Communication.
• Qtr Goals: To have enough capital saved up to start a working law practice that pays the bills.
• 1yr Goals: Have the law firm provide us with enough of an income to allow us to plan a vacation which will be meaningful to both my wife and my children.