Tuesday, April 19, 2005

China IP Update


55. Okay, I guess I blew off my classes for the day. I'll make up for it later. Finals are around the corner. Good news - I am feeling much better, at least until the next brain-mushing headache hits me. Today I spent too much time preparing for my program in China for this summer. They wanted new applications filled out, photos, etc. I was accepted into the program last week, and I am really excited to go.

I have always had a sneaking suspicion that I didn't have any interest in living a normal life sitting in a law office all day. That is why I chose to attend the China patent law program. Specialization within an already semi-exclusive niche. My extended family and I have been talking about this for months now. After doing research on demographics and an occasional glance at the New York Times, we came to the conclusion that if one wants to live an interesting life with unimaginable growth potential and opportunities, then it would be highly rewarding for him to focus his practice in China and take part in their markets as international borders are broken down.

The coolest part was that I found that there is a Lubavich community in Beijing which is where my school will be this summer. That means kosher food, Shabbos, mikveh, and holiday services! Real food! (Before this I was planning on living on rice for the month). Not only that, they have a whole school system in place for the youngsters, complete with Montessori teaching methods and Torah learning. Way cool! [Hint to self: that means that I could technically live there with my wife and kids.] It's so exciting when a new door of opportunity swings open. It is nice to know that there are options and that I am not stuck in New York for the rest of my life.

No comments: