Monday, August 15, 2005

Dustin Hoffman and Matthew McConaughey, both as me in a dream where we are crime bosses.

I had two dreams which connected. In the first, I was walking towards a bunch of religious Jews, each of whom were wearing blue button-down shirts. The person who I was walking with told me, "Look at these Jews. These are the outcasts. Each one of them has a problem; there is something wrong with them." I looked at the fact that I was also wearing a blue shirt and I thought, "what about me? I'm just like them."

I saved my second dream for last because it was a bit more extreme. There were two of us; both of us were psychotic criminals, but at alternating times. In the dream I was Matthew McConaughey, and my

counterpart was Dustin Hoffman (right). In the dream I had vague memories of past crimes I committed and of my close ties with the mob, but everything was a fog.

I remembered specific crime scenes where I was psychotic with my hair oiled back, and I remember other times where the crime boss (Hoffman) was psychotic with his hair oiled back. I remembered visions I had of each of us in our psychotic state at different times [this fact was important to me in the dream], and that our eyes were overly-wide open and we were letting out a scream that was akin to a roar had we been lions.

Dustin Hoffman called me into his office. He told me that he knows nothing about me, and he wanted to know what state I was from. I got the intuition that he was suspicious of me, but I knew he trusted me as a brother. I told him "New York," and then I went into a story about my parents' divorce and the abuse... Mid-story, I decided that I must have sounded stupid for telling the crime boss the story about my family, so I apologized profusely.

The weird thing is that I had a foggy head, and I didn't exactly know who I was or where I was or what I had done the days or weeks (or even hours) beforehand. Hoffman seemed to like me, and it seemed as if he considered me a friend and he trusted me, and I respected him for his power. But I didn't know what our relationship was.

I asked him "do I work for you?" He replied, "In a manner of speaking." I asked, "Am I wealthy?" He answered, "I pay you very well." It was at that point that I stood up not knowing exactly who I was or where I was, and it bothered me because I couldn't focus on what was right in front of me. I remember seeing computers and television screens filling the room, and the crime boss (Hoffman) was sitting in front of the monitors.

I am not exactly sure how to interpret these dreams, but they have many similarities to my real life. If you have any dream interpretations, please let me know.

2 comments:

Zoe Strickman said...

"Rowan said...

Hope this helps: I think the blue shirt might still be your residual fears of being less frum by wearing colour, but here are the standard interpretations:

Blue
Blue represents truth, wisdom, heaven, eternity, devotion, tranquility, loyalty and openness. The presence of this color in your dream, may symbolize your spiritual guide and your optimism of the future. You have clarity of mind.

Depending on the context of your dream, the color blue may also be a metaphor of "being blue" and feeling sad.

Crazy
To dream that you are going crazy, suggests that you have lost sight of your goals. You may feel that you are no longer able to depend on someone. Alternatively, you may feel that your opinions, viewpoints or decisions are not being accepted or being ignored. You may feel like an outsider.

Forgetting
To dream that you keep forgetting, is your subconscious manifesting itself in your dream that you may have forgotten an appointment or date.

Memory
To dream about a memory, suggests that your are ready to rid yourself of your old ways and undergo some sort of transformation and new outlook in life. Recalling a memory in your dream may also be less of a shock then if you had recalled the memory in your waken state. It indicates that you may have learned something from your past.

Crime
To dream that you or someone commits a crime, represents feelings of guilt and shame. Your inner fears are hindering your growth and progress.

Gang
To dream that you are a gang member, signifies your need to achieve and accomplish things through force and intimidation.

To dream that you are confronted or threatened by a gang, signifies circumstances or situations in your waking life which are overwhelming and you feel has ganged up on you."

--
Rowan,

Thank you for the interpretation. I think it has helped me understand some things I have been thinking about lately. This is fascinating.

-Zoe

Kiley said...

Forgive this shallow statement I would like to share, but DAMN Matthew McConaughey is attractive!!!