Monday, September 12, 2005

My Little Experiment -- Wake The Dawn.


[I don't feel this entry is blogworthy. I'm writing it as a diary entry.]

I'm not sure what's going on with my energy level. Its dipping and my eyes are closing. I'm getting tired, and it is only 7:30pm. This Shabbos, I read in the beginning of the Shulchan Auruch (Jewish law) that a Jew should "wake up the dawn," meaning that he should wake up before the sun comes up, namely, 2am -- and use that early morning time to study Torah. By the way, when I read this the first time many years ago, I was told that its not the custom for Jews to do this anymore.

Because I'm not sure what's going on with me, I'm going to go along with the energy pattern and go to sleep now (8pm) before I get another burst of energy in an hour or so and before I zombie through the night hours doing absolutely nothing. Let's see if I can wake up. It will be my little experiment. If I do wake up, I would love to study some Torah, but even better, I'd love to catch up on the work I haven't been doing this past week because time and me haven't been getting along quite nicely. Let's see what happens. I'll let you know my results tomorrow.

-Zoe

PS - OH!! And I'm excited about this!! I took the written exam to get a motorcycle learner's permit and I passed! I am excited about this for the sole purpose that I set out as a goal to do it, and now that I've reached that goal. I am very proud of this accomplishment.

No comments: