Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Google.com's New Book Project


I just stumbled onto something that I thought was worth a look. Google has embarked on a project to digitize books so that they can be searched and indexed. I've included a link of two recent searches I was doing are here and here. The interesting part is that while they make you think that they only let you see a few pages at a time, if you click on the "More results from this book" link on the left side of the screen, you could literally scan (or read) through most of the book!!

If you want to read an article about it, I found one at random here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is off subject, sorry. I just finished reading your blog and I was thinking about your post about finding peace versus feeling the need to be productive. Lately I have been finding peace in gardening, cooking, and making bread, which lets me stay busy and feel useful but also lets me relax and zone out. Kneading bread, especially, is a very peace-bringing activity for me.

I like your writing. You have given me quite a bit to think about. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself.

--Wendryn
pilot@wendryn.com

Zoe Strickman said...

Those all sound like very relaxing activities. I think it is important for each person to find their peace. Productivity as you know does not always mean to produce some result for someone else; we also are living on this planet and our own needs also need to be nurtured and catered to. I would consider a day of gardening or cooking or any of the other activities you mentioned a very productive day.

-- PS - I'm glad some of the topics have been thought-provoking. It gives me great pleasure to share these thoughts. In doing so, I have been able to work a lot of them out for myself too.